A health insurance policy for critical illnesses protects the insured from fatal critical illnesses like cancer, heart attacks, renal failure, etc. This critical illness policy offers a lump sum amount of coverage that can pay for expensive medical costs associated with critical illnesses covered by health insurance for individuals.
Conditions that Critical Illness Insurance Covers
Critical illness insurance plans typically cover the following illnesses:
- Chest pain (first time)
- Chronic kidney failure requiring dialysis
- Coronary artery bypass grafting with an open heart
- Heart valve replacement or repair by open heart surgery
- Coma with a given severity
- Transplanting bone marrow
- A number of scleroses
- Permanent limb paralysis
- Motor neuron disease or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Speech loss advanced liver disease
- Anaemia aplastic
- Meningitis due to bacteria
- Viral fulminant hepatitis
- Significant organ transplant
- Skeletal dystrophy
- Severe burns
- Terminal lung disease
Critical illness insurance policy exclusions
Typically, critical illness health insurance policies don’t cover the following:
- Diagnosed with a covered serious disease during the waiting period
- Passing away within 30 days after a serious disease or surgical diagnosis
- A serious condition associated with pregnancy or childbirth
- Any cosmetic surgery or dental work
- Whether it was an external or internal congenital defect, critical sickness arose.
- Treatment for infertility or to help with reproduction Treatment for infertility or to help with reproduction
- Illness brought on or develops as a result of military actions, terrorism, war, or civil strife
- Serious disease brought on by using drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or both
- Replacement therapy for hormones
- Therapy took place outside of India
Why is a critical illness policy required?
A critical illness policy is more important than ever right now. The sedentary lifestyle of the twenty-first century is causing a variety of illnesses, most of which are life-threatening. Several studies point to a consistent increase in the number of persons contracting serious illnesses. While the number of persons who develop or acquire critical illnesses is rising, the average age at which people do so is steadily falling.
From a critical illness insurance plan, who can benefit?
Everyone can gain from purchasing a critical illness insurance policy. Today’s fast-paced way of life is a precursor to lifestyle-related ailments, including serious conditions like cancer, heart attacks, strokes, etc.
Critical illnesses might make it harder for sufferers to make money. It’s because the patient is frequently bedridden and ill. In other situations, the diminished ability to work results in an inability to work at all.
A health insurance premium calculator is a tool you may use online to determine the amount of coverage required based on your needs.
Who should get critical illness coverage?
The quality of care is improving daily because of hospitals’ significant investments in super-speciality equipment. The price of therapy is rising as a result of this and medical inflation. Medical expenses spent while a person is hospitalised might be extremely expensive.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!