Advertising is not for every company. But some require it because their market is big and constantly changing and evolving. Consider this, up to 30 percent of the people in the US move each year. Or, you may be locked into a battle with a competitor. People do business with companies they know and trust. Advertising can help build awareness, so that ever consumers will trust your offer.
I firmly believe that advertising is an excellent tool for rapidly building awareness of a company, its products or services. I believe equally firmly that you build a brand through public relations, not advertising.
A brand is the sum of all interactions a customer has with an organization. Most of those interactions are with employees, or the product or service itself. If those interactions are positive, then customers, allies and the media will tell others. This is PR.
There are times when you need a rapid shot of marketing adrenaline that only paid media can provide.
So, if you find yourself in need of that boost, check out these nine reasons for advertising:
9. Boost employee morale
8. Create industry buzz
7. Create, build or maintain a positive image
6. Test new products and / or services
5. Retain existing customers
4. Reinforce personal sales calls, direct mail
3. Maintain consistent, controlled customer communications
2. Gain new customers, particularly hard-to-reach ones
1. Position or reposition your company, products or services.