Today's businesses have the advantage of using convenient online postage for their shipping and mailing needs. No longer is it necessary to make time-consuming trips to the post office to mail packages. With online shipping, all you have to do is weight your packages, then purchase and print the appropriate postage using your own computer and printer.
There are a few different online companies that sell postage that you can print from your computer. To determine which postage service best fits your business needs you will likely want to take some time, and evaluate each one. Each of these postage service companies has been approved to provide online postage by the United States Postal Service.
- Stamps.com: This postage service has been around soon since online postage became available. With Stamps.com you can print USPS approved shipping labels right from your computer. You can try Stamps.com with a free one-month trial, but you should be aware that a monthly service fee is applicable after your free trial has ended. When you sign up for Stamps.com they will send you a free digital scale, which means that you will not have to buy one in order to calculate the shipping weight of your packages.
- Pitney Bowes Inc: This was one of the first postage service companies to offer an online postage solution. One of the largest advantages to using Pitney Bowes Inc is that they offer free USPS carrier pickup in conjunction with your local post office. Many businesses prefer Pitney Bowes because of their 60-day free trial, along with the option of using an integrated USB scale that enables you to automatically calculate postage rates.
- Endicia: This online postage service offers a 30-day free trial, with the option of continuing service for a monthly membership free. Some of the unique advantages of Endicia include printable shipping labels, as well as the ability to hide postage rates because it is imbedded in a barcode on the shipping label.
- eBay: The online postage service offered by eBay is especially popular with eBay auction sellers. With this service, you can purchase your postage and pay for it with your Paypal account. A clear advantage to the eBay postage service is that it does not require you to have USPS account. You also do not need to worry about pre-funding, or installing any software onto your home or office computer. Users can print most all types of postage without the need of paying a monthly membership. If you are an eBay seller, this is the perfect solution to your shipping needs.
- Click-N-Ship: This is the United States Postal Services own version of online postage. You do not need a membership to use this service, and you have the ability to purchase and print Express and Priority Mail, Global Express and Global Priority Mail, and Global Express Guaranteed. When you purchase priority mail postage with Click-N-Ship, your delivery confirmation is free.
All of these services have the advantage of offering a convenient, time saving solution to your small business' shipping needs.