According to sources, there are around 28 million small business owners in the United States. From small retail shops to well established businesses. No matter what type of business it is and how well established it is, all types of businesses can suffer losses which is why they require protection. Perhaps, this is the main reason as to why so many business owners are found asking questions about business insurance.
Here are some of the top most Googled questions about business insurance which can help you understand it properly.
1. What Exactly is Business Insurance?
Business insurance is basically coverage and compensation that is provided to business owners to protect them from financial risks or losses. From your smallest to your biggest business assets, you can get all your business properties insured. Some coverage consists of errors and omission insurance policy, worker’s compensation insurance policy, property insurance policy, commercial auto insurance and much more.
2. How will you know if you Need it?
As a business owner, you will find a need for it in most instances. While you may be thinking that your business does not require insurance policies and does not have enough assets to be sued, you will still need to get your business insured. Risks and threats are involved in any business, either directly or indirectly. That is why in order to secure your business venture from potential risks, you should better shield your business from them. It is simple; if you have assets, even some of them, you would require business insurance. Obviously, if you have a small business, you would be scared to lose even one of your assets.
3. Who will be Responsible to Guide you Through the Process?
An Insurance Agent or Broker will guide you throughout the process of getting an insurance policy for your business. They are just like trusted business advisors who will meet you face-to-face and will help you in understanding the business insurance policies by explaining you each and everything in detail. Also, they will come up with the best suitable plan to help you provide the adequate coverage.
4. What are the Types of Business Insurance Policies?
Your broker will help you review each of them in detail. However, since this is one of the most important things which is searched most on Google, here’s what comes under it;
• Casualty Insurance: This is the liability compensation which is for the premises of your business and the products that are manufactured on the jobsite.
• Property Insurance: This is the liability coverage that covers physical location, which is either owned or rented, by the business.
• Commercial Auto Insurance: This is the type of insurance that provides coverage for the loss or damage to business vehicles in the business’ use.
• Worker’s Compensation: This is the liability coverage that provides compensation in the event that an employee gets injured on the job.